Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Passport Renewal at DFA, Aseana...SIGH!

I went to DFA, Aseana park yesterday to renew my green passport. My appointment schedule was 4:30PM, but I got there an hour before. I couldn't believe it, the queues are still very long despite of the scheduled appointment.

So, I took my seat in the 4:30 schedule. There were already at least 30+ of applicants lining up. The guard ushered us to Door 4 to have our old passport and requirements checked. This time, personal appearance is a must. By the way, requirements for renewing the green passport was just the passport itself and the photocopies of the inside front and back page. No more, no less. After that, I went to Door 1 (Cashier, located at the 2nd floor) to pay 950 for the regular processing which by the way, will take 3 weeks and the expedited processing is 1200 which will take only a week. If you lost your old passport, an additional payment of 200. I wonder where all these collections are going...

After paying, go to Step 3, encoding of information and taking photo. In this step, I got lost somewhere. I didn't know where to go. Should I wait in line or just sit down and wait to be called. Until I noticed a guy sitting beside his table counting small papers with numbers which I saw from the other applicants. I was about to ask him where to go next when he gave me a small paper he's currently holding and said, "here's your number and wait until your number appears on the screen". Oh I see, I mean it could have been easier if there's at least a signage on where to secure this damn small paper with the number! Than just for him to sit there and wait for applicants to ask and wonder what to do next.

Well, I got number 1304 and currently on queue is number 1000. So that's about at least 300 people ahead of me and it's already 5pm and I'm already starving. My last meal was 11 am. I'm already dreaming of the fried chicken at Tuor!

Finally, my number appeared on the screen, only after waiting for 30 minutes. That was fast though! Cubicle 76. So, it was picture taking time. Miss DFA encoder/photographer says, "tingin sa camera", so I positioned myself in front of the digicam, while fixing my hair. I wasn't ready yet, when suddenly she said, "OK". I said, "What???"

I asked her, "can you change it and take again?". She said nothing. OM! So, that's it! That's my photo in that passport that will be valid for 5 years! Maybe, she will take another shot if I closed my eyes or pouted my lips! What do you think? Need nothing more to say here...SIGH! so I went to the EXIT...

Oh I forgot, after all this bureaucracy and red tape, there's a delivery service at the back if you want your passport to be delivered, just pay 120! So, I spent 1070 all in all, plus fares of course for 2hours. So start renewing your passport! and make sure to close your eyes in front of the camera! hehehe. just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. the DFA website does not work anymore, it always show the message: "sorry, slots not available at this time" when you've gone through the whole process of filling up the necessary information and you just need to select a schedule. What they'll be doing is suggesting you to an "Agency" nearby to schedule an appointment- which of course means an additional fee.

    ReplyDelete