Friday, November 25, 2011

Relationship Advice 1000: A flirt. Are you?

If you are in a relationship, is flirting with others still appropriate?

Flirting is normal. It can happen anytime or anywhere, to anyone. But when you are in a relationship, you should know where to draw the line, so as not to give wrong message to other people.

Flirting usually occurs in the workplace, where we meet different people everyday. Giving a smile to an officemate whom you know has a crush on you is okay, you'll make that person feel good about himself. But that just it. No more, no less. If he'll ask me out for dinner, even though he knows that I'm already in a relationship with someone, I won't give in.

I'm happy with my relationship right now that I won't cross the line of flirting (Smile to that!).

Furthermore, flirting is a polite way of affirming that the other person is attractive without necessarily implying that you're attracted to him/her.

For the singles out there, you can flirt all you can, but be cautious. You might be sending messages to others that can be hurtful to them if you're not trying to indicate that you want a relationship with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment