Monday, December 12, 2011

Company Xmas Party: Hyped?

December 10, 2011, Saturday. SMX, MOA. SPI Global's venue for our Christmas party! The Theme? 2011 Infinity Awards!


I like the theme. It means endless awards and prizes for us employees. Good reason enough not to miss the party, right? I might be one of the lucky employee who will win the grand prize (whew)! That euphoric feeling of winning something was great enough to stimulate my senses to get ready for the party. The last time I won was about a decade ago, a 500-peso gift certificate (hahaha! Well, I really felt so lucky that night, maybe a lucky charm was with me that time c",).

But this isn't just the price, it's the winning feeling, the prestige. It feels great to win, small or big.

Party started at 6pm. Hundreds of employees are already lining up at the Photo booth to have their pictures taken and printed. And so did I (aside from it's free, another keepsake to keep). Anyway, I'm not that hungry yet so I patiently waited in line in the photo capturing machine that was set up, with a back drop of the party's theme. After an hour, it was my turn. Voila! I didn't like much my center photo, and the other 3 photos in the side are too small. Damn! Anyway, it was fun.

So as the party goes, and the boring emcee continued to host the party, my friends and I are busy taking photos everywhere. Taking photos is much more enjoyable than just sitting on those white cloth covered monoblock chairs listening to the again, boring emcee.

People watching is also enjoyable at this time as you will see how your co-employees dress up. Well, there a lot who really made an effort to look their best (Am I one of them? hehe), but others are just plain and simple, and the worst that I've seen, those wearing dress that really made them not just old, but crappy! (Please don't get me wrong if I'd say this). Hey, contact me if you want to consult a fashion guru. I know one!

To make this story short, I did not win any prize. But, that didn't make me feel sad or happy either. The best part of attending this event, is being with my friends, chatting and enjoying the picture taking moments, then uploading it to the now number one social networking site!

No comments:

Post a Comment